Apparently, I am versatile! I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award...Yay me! Thank you Safiyah of Safiyah Heals for considering me. Part of the whole versatile shtick is telling 7 things about me and provide 15 of my fav blogs. SO, here it is:
7 THINGS ABOUT ME:
1) I've raised my 2 cubs (21 year old sun and 14 year old daughter) single handedly. Even when I was with the baby-daddy, or my late husband, I was still the head of household. They say, the one with the purse strings holds the power.
2) I home-schooled both my cubs. I believe in free thinking and Being. Institutions (as they are currently structured) kill creativity and freedom, in my opinion.
3) I love french pastries. When I say love...I mean LOVE! I have a SERIOUS weakness. Ooo la la!
4) I am a self-published author of 3 books. 2 of Sufi poetry (Impregnated with Desire and Divan of the Infidel) and 1 parenting book for healing difficult behaviors in children (Kinnecting: Healing the Difficult Child with the Creative Arts).
5) I was married once (not to my cubs father) for only 2 intense transformative years, then my husband, who was also my Capoeira Master, was shot and killed. May his soul find peace.
6) I teach healing movement modalities (Kundalini Yoga, Capoeira Angola, Pilates, Dance Movement Therapy). It's not work when you love what you do...
7) I LOVE to commune (spend sacred time) with Loves, Lovers and Beloveds over chai tea. It's my favorite thing to do...talk and gaze.
15 OF MY FAV BLOGS (sorry...could only think of 8 for now. I will add more as they come to me)
8) Mystic Saint